One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Vomit.with object ‘I almost upchucked my toasted marshmallows’no object ‘don't let her upchuck on him’
be sick, spew, spew up, fetch upView synonyms
- ‘I still feel like upchucking, but I'm listening to the Katy Rose album and strangely it's making me feel better.’
- ‘Its story, plus the accompanying libel lawsuit, has provided journalists everywhere with the opportunity to enrich their vocabulary with synonyms for upchucking.’
- ‘I felt someone place their hands on my shoulders and I looked behind me (in between upchucks, that is).’
- ‘That way when your cat upchucks on it, and it will, it won't be such a disaster.’
- ‘I cover it pretty well when Rebecca's home, but when she's not, I seem to be upchucking all of the time.’
- ‘Hunter nodded, and then said hesitantly, ‘Like I told you, he upchucked.’’
- ‘The group of gossiping girls looked on warily, expectantly, waiting for her to upchuck all over her showy dress, but she didn't.’
- ‘Some weeks, a washing machine would upchuck a hearty blue gunk.’
- ‘I also discovered he'd upchucked in the basement.’
- ‘But between now and election day, we're going to hear enough about their past deeds and misdeeds to make you upchuck.’
Matter vomited from the stomach.
- ‘Few recent films escape the upchuck, which begins quite literally with an Exorcist reprise, with Linda Blair, in this case Megan Voorhees, spewing pea soup at a couple of priests.’
- ‘Except while you are teetering on the precipice of your next upchuck, the only thing you crave is to be distracted.’
- ‘After last night, we really didn't need to be regaled with other upchuck anecdotes.’
- ‘The previous night's memorable madness in Apartment 15B rushes back to the young man along with the nauseating odor of upchuck, but he plays it cool, acting the wide-eyed innocent who doesn't have a clue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.