One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The music was buried under layers upon layers of noise, creating an album that was unyieldingly experimental, yet eventually allowed listeners to find some brilliant melodies underneath the mess.’
- ‘As a result, I labeled the genre to be sterile and difficult; the album's beats are very mechanical, sometimes tiresomely so, and the solemn melodies are unyieldingly complex.’
- ‘Death, from this perspective, seems unproblematically universal, a simple, irreducible fact of our nature, unyieldingly the same across all societies and throughout time.’
- ‘Between August 8 and September 21, the Braves went 32-7 to take a grip on first place, but were still hard pressed to hold off the unyieldingly stubborn Giants.’
- ‘They are small and unyieldingly hard, not like normal pillows at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.