1(of metals or other materials) not worked into a finished condition.
- ‘The 40 are expected to appear in court today and will be charged with theft and the illegal possession and illegal trading in unwrought precious metal.’
- ‘Exports of steel, unwrought copper and copper alloy dropped by at least 50 per cent amid decreases in exports of garments, automatic data processing equipment and integrated circuits.’
- ‘This report was created for strategic planners, international executives and import/export managers who are concerned with the market for unwrought aluminum.’
- ‘This is due to the Precious Metals Act, which stipulates that it is illegal for individuals to own unwrought gold in the country.’
- 1.1(of a mine or ore deposit) not worked or mined.
- ‘In 1779, while the states generally were struggling with the taxes and burdens of the revolutionary war, without means or resources, Virginia discovered that she possessed an unwrought mine in her rich western lands.’