One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Having few trees.
bare, exposed, desolate, stark, arid, desert, denuded, lunar, open, empty, windsweptView synonyms
- ‘The report also showed footage of antlered animals in a pen in an unwooded area.’
2(of a wine) not having been stored in a wooden cask.
- ‘I also ordered a bottle of the unwooded Chardonnay from Constantia Uitsig 1998 to match the fish starters.’
- ‘Also try the Zandvliet Chardonnay, the Astonvale Shiraz produced and the unwooded Astonvale Chardonnay and the Astonvale Crème.’
- ‘While chatting with him, we chose a bottle of the Banrock Station unwooded Chardonnay - a truly delightful wine and suitable to accompany everything on offer.’
- ‘It's a classic, unwooded, mineral and green olive style Chablis with citrus fruit flavours and acidity that's as taut as a sail in a gale.’
- ‘Clearly, the Herradura you refer to is something other than an unwooded silver and something not yet a reposado.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.