One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They usually do this primarily because they are concerned that they are being stalked or unwelcomely pursued.’
- ‘This presents an unwelcomely anthropocentric view of the universe: That the habitation of man is spreading, in imperial fashion, throughout a domain which was prepared beforehand for exactly that purpose.’
- ‘The UK's approach to the negotiations on a replacement for the draft EU constitution is being seen in some European capitals as unwelcomely dictatorial.’
- ‘I flicked a cigarette at a guy's head that night after he grabbed my friend's arm unwelcomely and tried to fight me after I pushed him off her.’
- ‘Likewise, while on the topic, the rock formations almost make the map seem unwelcomely crowded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.