One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Without a weight attached.
- ‘The plastic anti-ice plate produces a 90-degree corner that snugs tightly against the edges of the sole, letting you initiate accurate turns on hardpack while preventing the unweighted ski from deflecting in crud.’
- ‘One or more ascenders hold the cavers weight while the unweighted ascender is moved up the rope.’
- ‘His shoulders gave out after seven reps on the military press - with an unweighted bar.’
- ‘Following the deep-strength caveat of careful progression, begin with unweighted, standard squats.’
- ‘Move gradually to an unweighted barbell in weeks two and three, and a weighted bar by week four.’
(of a figure or sample) not adjusted or biased to reflect importance or value.
- ‘In the following tables all statistical estimates are weighted, whereas the unweighted frequencies are reported.’
- ‘The importance value used for each species of tree was the unweighted average of the percent of relative density and the percent of relative basal area.’
- ‘Weighted and unweighted data are available from the authors on request.’
- ‘Specifically, depending on our benchmark and whether we look at unweighted or weighted alpha, the monthly shortfall ranges from 5.6 to 16.3 basis points.’
- ‘The aggregation of output was both distance weighted and unweighted, although the former was shown to be more realistic and is used to develop the results presented below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.