One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Momentarily stop pressing heavily on (a ski or skateboard) in order to make a turn more easily.
- ‘On skis, get some speed, rise abruptly to unweight your skis and turn both skis sideways by rotating your legs from your hips.’
- ‘Instead of continuing my acceleration for the pass I start slowing my cadence, unweighting the back wheel and making attempts to slow down quick.’
- ‘Tips and tails during unweighting are always lower than the center of the skis prohibiting any attempt at a slide.’
- ‘Now we come to the backlift or unweighting as it is called.’
- ‘Transfer your weight to your right skate, unweighting the left skate so you can lift up your left heel and pivot at the toe.’
1930s: back-formation from unweighted.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.