One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not used or not used effectively.‘there is very little unutilized space in any school’
- ‘A triangle or square, while requiring the minimum number of vantages for sight lines, enclosed too much unutilized space in its corners and presented too large a perimeter.’
- ‘Rear channels go largely unutilized, and bass response is average at best.’
- ‘The result is a rather extensive inverse letterboxing that renders large portions of the screen unutilized.’
- ‘The problem occurs because unutilized fish resources have value, but cannot be owned or bought.’
- ‘High stress levels trigger heavy food intake, which is often unutilized by the body due to lack of physical activity.’
- ‘All unutilized heat rejected from the steam cylinder is carried away from the machine.’
- ‘"We must ensure that we do not let this unprecedented moment in time go unutilized for the dream of a strong, robust and prosperous India", affirmed the President.’
- ‘In a traditional office most of the computing power will sit unutilized on desktops.’
- ‘There is however an upside to packing more into the small, unutilized spaces of our day.’
- ‘Too often, a single shelving unit may sit crammed full with materials, while a lonely corner or area beneath a work table sits empty and unutilized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.