One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not fastened or knotted.
free, on the loose, loose, set loose, at large, unconfined, roamingView synonyms
- ‘A single untied shoelace, one feels, could provoke a major tragedy.’
- ‘Watch for an impressive, sombre solo done with untied pointe shoes.’
- ‘The career that resulted shoots him all over the shop like an untied balloon.’
- ‘As he was waiting he noticed his shoe was untied.’
- ‘That left Alabama, the two-time defending champion, as the nation's only unbeaten, untied team.’
- ‘He beat everyone by 100-plus yards - and, I swear to you, his shoes were untied.’
- ‘Her untied braid was coming free, the ends hanging loosely.’
- ‘Bruising had already started to form on his arms and on his feet were his Puma sneakers, with one very incriminating untied shoelace.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the Universe likes to laugh at my expense so of course I managed to trip over an untied shoe lace and did a face plant onto the driveway.’
- ‘She comes flying down in her bathrobe and untied sneakers; he's still buttoning his shirt.’
- ‘I managed to yelp an endearment to the dirty blonde, trying to manage three bags, a coat, and untied shoes all while running towards school.’
- ‘This activity requires a single untied Raccoon Circle, stretched into a straight line.’
- ‘Naturally this all appeared strange to her when it was accompanied by his white T-shirt, worn jeans and untied sneakers.’
- ‘By the time I came into the living room, Susannah was lying down on the couch with her jacket half-on and her untied shoes on the wrong feet.’
- ‘She ran her hand through her untied hair in frustration.’
- ‘Christa offered her daughter a snack then turned to Liz as her daughter raced back inside, untied laces and pigtails flapping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.