One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those worried about untidiness should try living next to a landfill site with the lorries, dust, seagulls, smells, ground water pollution and health risks that go with it.’
- ‘Over-carrying, picking the ball of the ground, rash shooting, frees taken too quickly and players following the ball, instead of holding their positions, all contributed to the untidiness of the proceedings.’
- ‘I thought that untidiness and dirtiness were the characteristics of cities in some underdeveloped country of the past, like Calcutta, Bombay, Rio de Janeiro or elsewhere, but not here in Australia.’
- ‘Regular vegging out is your most vital survival technique - the universe won't implode if you don't finish your must-do list, and untidiness doesn't compromise your immune system.’
- ‘There was some untidiness in side streets and side areas which, with the view to your entry for 2006 you might discuss with appropriate owners and residents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.