One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But this might cause the millions of British people who unthinkingly place substantial amounts into their pension schemes every month a shock when the day of expected leisure finally arrives.’
- ‘You're so happy with the friendly and attentive service you've received that you unthinkingly tip 20%, or more, and search for the eye of your waiter and exchange with them a hearty goodbye.’
- ‘A particularly good chapter on Asia rebukes anyone who unthinkingly assigns to China the role once played by the Soviet Union as the natural antagonist of the U.S.’
- ‘Controlled and coerced by authority and media, the individual either accepts the message blindly and unthinkingly, or reacts creatively and critically because he understands dominance.’
- ‘We moderns tend to unthinkingly equate the quest for verisimilitude with the quest for historical accuracy, yet here it clearly is intended to serve the heart, and not the head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.