One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In drawing on Levi's dream, the unthinkability of genocidal murder is starkly acknowledged as a human response rather than an aberrant denial or a mere lack of empathy.’
- ‘The unthinkability of a history of Assam survived and has been reinforced in postcolonial India.’
- ‘They haven't bemoaned their almost uniformly rock-solid dependability, or the unthinkability of audio or video connections going down once they'd been made in such systems.’
- ‘The truth-conduciveness of such reliance fails the test of unthinkability of falsehood or mistake, as well as any other Cartesian test, such as clarity and distinctness of ‘ideas.’’
- ‘It is not the veracity of the thought that the appeal to unthinkability seeks to establish, it is the courage of the thinker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.