One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without receiving thanks.‘the women's kind gesture did not go unthanked’
- ‘They also scored neck-and-neck for their unthanked roles in two of the year's quirkier films.’
- ‘He, for example, blamed the UN for the ‘Black Hawk Down’ incident in Somalia, even though that was an operation conducted without informing the UN forces, which, unthanked to this day, rescued the survivors.’
- ‘As Coventre has fed me, unthanked and almost unvisited over these many years, so shall I now feed it, nor let any man, even onto my husband, harry it.’
- ‘But, for Marr, he is likely to go unthanked for ‘being right’ because his critics are only human.’
- ‘‘Police work often goes unthanked, but this initiative is a clear statement that the work of Lismore police is appreciated and not unnoticed,’ he said.’
- ‘The Blue Witch Party is very aware that many things that occur within our society do so due to the tireless, and often unappreciated and unthanked, efforts of volunteers.’
- ‘People cancelled leave or returned from holidays, arriving unbidden and, for a few days, unthanked.’
- ‘If anybody is left unthanked, that is my fault and certainly not Wayne's fault.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.