One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Could it be that men are afraid that they can't cut it, that women would dump them en masse if they didn't maintain the financial upper hand, making it untenably difficult to raise children without their paycheck?’
- ‘Surrounded by all this civility and fine design, this spectacle is growing untenably intimate, obscene, dangerous.’
- ‘In less capable hands (like, maybe, his own three years later) these songs would be untenably portentous, but he allows them to breathe with humanity and loads them with some ringer lines to make them likable.’
- ‘In our submission, that gives an untenably wide meaning to ‘profits’.’
- ‘It rests on an untenably narrow conception of ‘the political’, restricting it to partisan conflict.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.