Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not physically or mentally demanding.‘I've been filling my days with routine, untaxing work’
easy, simple, undemanding, untaxing, unexacting, not burdensome, moderate, endurable, bearable, tolerableView synonyms
- ‘The ascent from the road is untaxing, but it was a very boggy descent.’
- ‘The best thing is that the manoeuvres are completely physically untaxing.’
- ‘Sometimes I just want to get in from work and watch something mindless, a chance to switch off the brain and be taken somewhere nice and untaxing.’
- ‘They were never taught to drive by competent instructors, relying instead on family and friends to sit with them prior to scraping a pass in a simple and untaxing 30-minute driving test.’
- ‘St Mirren were being totally outplayed and allowed visiting keeper Andy Goram as untaxing an afternoon as he can have experienced in his long career.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.