One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cancel a subscription to an electronic mailing list or online service.
- ‘In other news, I unsubscribed from every discussion list I was on, except the ones I own, and plan to take more of a back seat in the online and comics communities in the future.’
- ‘This approach has many other advantages in comparison to email lists, not least the ease of subscribing to and unsubscribing from feeds, selecting presentation formats, and browsing and referencing information found.’
- ‘Already in the past month I've unsubscribed from both yahoogroups and feeds in an attempt to simplify.’
- ‘When the recipient tries to unsubscribe, the spammer discovers that the recipient's e-mail address is valid and active.’
- ‘Spamming is an honorable profession, and all spammers live by the credo that everyone should have the right to unsubscribe from future mailings.’
- ‘It is this address that subscribes, unsubscribes, sends out lists of addresses of the members, and provides other limited functions.’
- ‘It's become one of many mailing lists to which I really should unsubscribe, because although I continue to receive the messages, I delete them almost immediately.’
- ‘This means these messages must contain a valid return email address and a mechanism for allowing people to unsubscribe (amongst other things).’
- ‘In terms of the unsubscribe, it really just means providing an acknowledged way that people can unsubscribe from your electronic message in future, if they wish to do so.’
- ‘I sent a message to the list explaining that I'd unsubscribed, and that I would still try to turn up at the odd events, and maybe reappear on the list at some point later.’
- ‘After empathising with this post about information overload the other day, it occurred to me that maybe I should unsubscribe from from one RSS feed a day in an effort to simplify my life a tiny bit.’
- ‘If you want to put him on your web site that is a business decision for you, but if you put the sort of guff he has written in newspapers into your subscription email I will probably unsubscribe.’
- ‘Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that I will need to unsubscribe from some of the different newsletters I am signed up with and not work on those issues so much.’
- ‘I have been a Crikey subscriber twice since you began but each time I have unsubscribed because I did not like the gossip and general nastiness in most of your material.’
- ‘Further to that last entry, one of the mailing lists I won't be unsubscribing from is the Daily Philosophical Quotation service provided by TPM Online.’
- ‘A listserve is an electronic mailing list, and you need only an e-mail address to subscribe and may unsubscribe at any time via e-mail.’
- ‘Most well-known software companies are happy to obey the wishes of their customers, if they want to unsubscribe from a mailing list.’
- ‘A simple link in each email allows recipients to unsubscribe from future mailings.’
- ‘If you want to unsubscribe for any reason, please just reply with unsubscribe as the subject.’
- ‘Sokwanele supporters can still automatically subscribe or unsubscribe from the ‘newsletter’ mailing list via our website, and we will continue to manually process subscription requests as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.