One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not arousing interest or enthusiasm.‘his current job is mundane and unstimulating’‘unstimulating conversation’
- ‘All this is not to say that the exhibition is unstimulating or worth forgetting about.’
- ‘The subject itself is often dreary and unstimulating to study unless you're aiming for a legal career.’
- ‘Those who complain about being relegated to unstimulating environs often fail to see the joys of the moment around them.’
- ‘The university would become even more of a sterile, unstimulating environment than it already is.’
- ‘Everyone knows that if you take a person and you put them in a deprived and unstimulating environment they are going to become unstimulated and their brain will just not work as well.’
- ‘Evans believes the building's form fulfills the need for a humanistic, and occasionally humorous, approach to normally unstimulating work environments.’
- ‘Anyway, the training once again was pretty unstimulating, but the lunch/meals were great!’
- ‘In general, in-flight films are supposed to be as inoffensive and unstimulating as possible.’
- ‘It'd be a dull and unstimulating life if there were no 'if' in it.’
- ‘Isn't factory assembly work also unstimulating, repetitive and boring?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.