One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not arousing interest or enthusiasm.‘his current job is mundane and unstimulating’‘unstimulating conversation’
- ‘In general, in-flight films are supposed to be as inoffensive and unstimulating as possible.’
- ‘Anyway, the training once again was pretty unstimulating, but the lunch/meals were great!’
- ‘Everyone knows that if you take a person and you put them in a deprived and unstimulating environment they are going to become unstimulated and their brain will just not work as well.’
- ‘Evans believes the building's form fulfills the need for a humanistic, and occasionally humorous, approach to normally unstimulating work environments.’
- ‘It'd be a dull and unstimulating life if there were no 'if' in it.’
- ‘The subject itself is often dreary and unstimulating to study unless you're aiming for a legal career.’
- ‘Isn't factory assembly work also unstimulating, repetitive and boring?’
- ‘The university would become even more of a sterile, unstimulating environment than it already is.’
- ‘All this is not to say that the exhibition is unstimulating or worth forgetting about.’
- ‘Those who complain about being relegated to unstimulating environs often fail to see the joys of the moment around them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.