One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not sterile; not sterilized.‘unsterile needles’
- ‘The surgeon and circulating nurse place an unsterile U-shaped drape before the prep to isolate the perineal area from the surgical site.’
- ‘He believes that AIDS may have its origin in unsterile hypodermic needles and antibiotics.’
- ‘Panicky use of unsterile needles may transmit HIV, hepatitis C, or other infections.’
- ‘Unless the circulating nurse is in a sterile gown, the instrument tray can be contaminated by unsterile clothing.’
- ‘I always have been taught that the back of the gown is considered unsterile and that personnel in sterile attire should not have their back to sterile supplies or fields.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.