Not sterile; not sterilized.‘unsterile needles’
- ‘Unless the circulating nurse is in a sterile gown, the instrument tray can be contaminated by unsterile clothing.’
- ‘He believes that AIDS may have its origin in unsterile hypodermic needles and antibiotics.’
- ‘The surgeon and circulating nurse place an unsterile U-shaped drape before the prep to isolate the perineal area from the surgical site.’
- ‘Panicky use of unsterile needles may transmit HIV, hepatitis C, or other infections.’
- ‘I always have been taught that the back of the gown is considered unsterile and that personnel in sterile attire should not have their back to sterile supplies or fields.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.