One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I dreamed as I slept unsoundly that night.’
- ‘Whether federal judges are departing ‘too often’ is naturally a value judgment, so I'm not sure quite how firmly it can be ‘discredited,’ especially if the concern is that some judges are departing unsoundly.’
- ‘The author apparently got so enraged that he decided to condemn him (in my view, quite unsoundly) for his youth.’
- ‘He was sleeping rather unsoundly in the bed, laying on his back, a white bandage over his nose.’
- ‘It was during this period that billions of unsound foreign loans were made; that expensive and unsoundly financed apartment housing and office buildings were erected far beyond the needs of the people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.