One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I dreamed as I slept unsoundly that night.’
- ‘Whether federal judges are departing ‘too often’ is naturally a value judgment, so I'm not sure quite how firmly it can be ‘discredited,’ especially if the concern is that some judges are departing unsoundly.’
- ‘The author apparently got so enraged that he decided to condemn him (in my view, quite unsoundly) for his youth.’
- ‘It was during this period that billions of unsound foreign loans were made; that expensive and unsoundly financed apartment housing and office buildings were erected far beyond the needs of the people.’
- ‘He was sleeping rather unsoundly in the bed, laying on his back, a white bandage over his nose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.