One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inappropriate to or not befitting a soldier.‘prisoners of war in their unsoldierly uniforms’
- ‘This was so effective that the soldier was unable to maintain a unsoldierly appearance even when out of uniform.’
- ‘I was drafted in the fall of 1953… a most unsoldierly soldier, but a lucky one.’
- ‘They've made snarky jabs about the administration using our soldiers as ' social workers, ' doing all sorts of unmanly, unsoldierly duties.’
- ‘Acceptance means that hereditary power will soon pass to his ineffectual, unsoldierly son, Richard.’
- ‘Some leaders consider it unsoldierly to have a strategic focus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.