One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of milk) not skimmed.
- ‘Only Landliebe products are made direct from unskimmed farm milk and so also have the natural fat content of milk.’
- ‘One month went by, two months, nine months, and the empress gave birth to a son, as white as unskimmed milk, and as fair-haired as moonlight.’
- ‘It was unskimmed in 32%, half-skimmed in 64% and skimmed milk in 1% of the cases.’
- ‘Be sure that the milk is unskimmed; have it as fresh as possible, and brought very early in the morning; Before using the pans into which it is to be poured, always scald them with boiling suds.’
- ‘Fresh milk was usually consumed either unskimmed, or added to tea.’
- ‘If anyone is having trouble coming to terms with the loss of their favourite level of fat content, we can recommend mixing half a litre of unskimmed milk with half a litre of the skimmed variety to obtain the desired fat content.’
- ‘The milk, unskimmed, should be heated in a double boiler just to the boiling point, but not long enough for a film to form on the top.’
- ‘All the best unskimmed milk was used, and the recipe was for a long-keeping, drier cheese that would last till winter or be suitable to take to market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.