One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of fabric) not liable to shrink.
- ‘This invention provides a roller member including a metallic core roller and an unshrinkable sleeve which is heat-welded onto the surface of the roller.’
- ‘School caps and blazers are made from pre-shrunk or unshrinkable material.’
- ‘Wool, on the other hand, if made soft and unshrinkable, would be the perfect underwear for battle.’
- ‘Where unshrinkable fill is used the excavation must be plated or closed to traffic for a minimum of 24 hours after fill placement.’
- ‘The result is an unshrinkable, soft but durable material that makes beautiful scarves, mittens, shawls and hats woven in village specific patterns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.