(especially of fabric) not liable to shrink.
- ‘Where unshrinkable fill is used the excavation must be plated or closed to traffic for a minimum of 24 hours after fill placement.’
- ‘Wool, on the other hand, if made soft and unshrinkable, would be the perfect underwear for battle.’
- ‘The result is an unshrinkable, soft but durable material that makes beautiful scarves, mittens, shawls and hats woven in village specific patterns.’
- ‘This invention provides a roller member including a metallic core roller and an unshrinkable sleeve which is heat-welded onto the surface of the roller.’
- ‘School caps and blazers are made from pre-shrunk or unshrinkable material.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.