One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The complete unselfconsciousness and lack of pretentiousness in her work appears to stem from the artist herself and the down-to-earth quality that resonates from her.’
- ‘They roll around the Yorkshire dales with the easy intimacy and irritating unselfconsciousness of young sweethearts.’
- ‘Singing requires both confidence and unselfconsciousness and neither are things that we do well in this age.’
- ‘The Pillow Book, Peter Greenaway's film about Japanese calligraphy, established McGregor's unselfconsciousness when it came to taking off his clothes.’
- ‘It is a ghost story, a tragedy, a policier and a drawing room comedy: a captivating story performed with childlike unselfconsciousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.