One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘No,’ I said, reaching unseeingly towards the direction of her voice, trying to keep her from leaving.’
- ‘He gazes unseeingly off to the right, his huge head causing the suspicion that something is terribly out of kilter, even though the boy is suffused in a lovely yellow-gold light.’
- ‘Although looking straight at the camera, he seems to be gazing beyond it, staring unseeingly into infinity.’
- ‘He didn't seem to notice her awkwardness as he busied himself at the kitchen, while her eyes roamed around the room, staring unseeingly at a faded gray couch that faced a small television.’
- ‘She stared unseeingly at the far wall and sighed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.