One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That powerful interests in society act unscrupulously without checks and balances on their power is a lesson that we would do well to remember when considering the direction one wing of the Socialist movement took in 1917.’
- ‘People who unscrupulously dispose of old cars by selling them cheaply to young people have been accused of ‘effectively handing them lethal weapons’.’
- ‘Rather unscrupulously, Rudy decides to pose as his best friend Nick (who was stabbed a few days before his release) in order to enjoy the festive period with Ashley, Nick's unfeasibly attractive love interest.’
- ‘The capital unscrupulously pumped from poor neighborhoods by way of predatory loans whizzes along a high-speed financial pipeline to Wall Street to be used for investment.’
- ‘It's terrible to think that civic-minded people doing their bit for the environment are being penalised by the despicable actions of some, who unscrupulously use the bottle bank for something other than its sole purpose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.