One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even Corporation officials admit that roads and drains have been constructed unscientifically.’
- ‘I will illustrate this unscientifically by a story.’
- ‘So, purely anecdotally and unscientifically, there's an inverse ratio here, where men are more likely to write, but less likely to have anything worth writing about.’
- ‘I attempted, rather unscientifically, to test this premise.’
- ‘A hastily and unscientifically convened focus group of 14-year-olds at a youth centre in the Pilton area of Edinburgh confirmed the experts' view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.