One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not saved, in particular (in Christian use) not having had one's soul saved from damnation.
- ‘An attacker could use this vulnerability to cause other users' Office applications to fail, with the loss of any unsaved data.’
- ‘If the answer is No, all unsaved changes are lost.’
- ‘The Holy Spirit produces spiritual fruit in God's people that ensures a life of a kind that unsaved people can never understand or enjoy.’
- ‘While I was conducting a deliverance meeting, without my knowing it, an unsaved couple came to the Lord.’
- ‘There is a great danger that unsaved people might get the impression that by imitating the things that Christians do they can become Christians.’
- ‘I managed to get rid of the dialog by killing some offending system process, but then lost all my unsaved work when the machine rebooted anyway.’
- ‘Are you happy to bring unsaved friends to your church?’
- ‘One lady told her unsaved husband, ‘You can go to church now, listen, and get up and walk out.’’
- ‘I mean, what program do we expect to rescue us post-crash when we keep what amount to 40 or 50 unsaved documents open?’
- ‘This means that sensitive equipment such as computers can receive a short burst of extra electricity. Typically the energy burst will cause a PC to crash, losing all unsaved work in progress.’
- ‘I had given no thought to the effect it might have on the unsaved public.’
- ‘Our failure to recognise that unsaved sinners are spiritually dead has caused immense problems.’
- ‘While a surge protector should protect your computer from damage caused by an electrical voltage spike, it won't protect your valuable unsaved data if you're working on the computer when the spike occurs.’
- ‘That must be the first time in my life that Word has actually managed not to lose a large amount of unsaved text.’
- ‘Yes, every man is going to Hell, saved and unsaved, death shall feed on them, their beauty shall be consumed in the grave.’
- ‘A sudden absence of power can trash unsaved data or damage important system files, both of which can be devastating to a business.’
- ‘What happens when unsaved people see those who attend church sinning?’
- ‘Schools struggled with various technical glitches - from unsaved data to incorrect data showing rip in the system.’
- ‘She only answered him this time, because in the past when she didn't respond by the second time Jordan had deleted her unsaved work.’
- ‘Besides, you're not the only unsaved student that attends Galilee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.