One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Remove the saddle from (a horse or other ridden animal).
- ‘Inside stood a single man unsaddling his horse.’
- ‘Next, the horses are unsaddled and judged at halter in ranch conformation.’
- ‘Tracey unsaddled his horse, all the while thinking.’
- ‘I trailed my brother as he unsaddled his horse and hung up the saddle and the tack in the stable.’
- ‘The drover got to work unhitching the oxen, and the horsemen unsaddled their horses and led them to the trees and hobbled them.’
- ‘I unsaddled the horse and tied it near lots of grass.’
- ‘She stayed with Reese as he unsaddled the horse, she was surprised when he just slapped it on the rump and let it gallop off, wouldn't it run away?’
- ‘Dan patted his horse on the flank and unsaddled it, then took off its bridle.’
- ‘The horses are unsaddled, the Winchesters taken from their scabbards for protection through the night.’
- ‘A piece of lead weight from a saddle had been found dropped on the ground, so all the horses had to be unsaddled and the jockeys reweighed.’
- ‘She unsaddled the horse and tied it to a tree where it could graze.’
- ‘The boy did not say a word as they unsaddled the horse in the barn.’
- ‘‘A pretty story,’ he said flippantly as he unsaddled his horse and threw saddle and bridle to the ground.’
- ‘They reached the stables and each person either began unpacking or unsaddling their horse, and some both.’
- ‘Thankfully, no one had unsaddled their horses because a moment later, the officers came galloping back in haste.’
- ‘Sullivan unsaddled their horses and dropped the saddles in front of the tent.’
- ‘The blizzard hit while they were unsaddling the horses.’
- ‘We got back to barn, unsaddled and groomed our horses, and then went upstairs to clean up and change clothes.’
- ‘Jesse returned just as they were unsaddling the horses back at the ranch.’
- ‘As she walked her horse into the stable I followed, she walked her horse in and unsaddled it and offered me a brush.’
- 1.1 Dislodge from a saddle.
- ‘The first knight to charge unsaddled him.’
- ‘Emily became unsaddled as her pony made its way from rock ledge to rock ledge.’
- ‘His balance was thrown off, but he was not unsaddled until the horse went about twenty feet more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.