One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Detach oneself from a rope.‘unroped soloing enables one to climb faster’
- ‘Half the people killed rock-climbing in the park were unroped.’
- ‘The two climbed much of the way unroped, because roping would have slowed them down.’
- ‘Participants must be experienced and comfortable climbing unroped with moderate exposure.’
- ‘They began their assault at four in the morning, climbing unroped on separate paths - simultaneous solos.’
- ‘I was tempted to unrope and go at my own pace, but there were still crevasses in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.