One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Vydas had rented a nice apartment for us and guided us unrestingly through the small lanes of the old town.’
- ‘The inventor, feeling that he had within his reach a giant power, strove unrestingly to set at work his powerful slave.’
- ‘It would seem that he ought to have pressed his troops forward unrestingly till they reached cannon-shot distance from the enemy, and made his reconnaissances as his columns were advancing.’
- ‘I looked with sympathetic awe and fearfulness upon the man who, in mid-winter just landed from a four years’ dangerous voyage, could so unrestingly push off again for still another tempestuous term.’
- ‘Hudson was not born for repose; his fate was to sail unrestingly till he died.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.