One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Souvenirs are the traces that replace the event with narrative, and the desire for them arises from the impression of unrepeatability of the event, or longing for the vanished original.’
- ‘All of the many variables in the process can affect the outcome and this is why it always had a reputation for unpredictability and unrepeatability.’
- ‘At the macroscopic level of everyday life, by contrast, disorder, randomness, and unrepeatability appear.’
- ‘The implication is that we are being asked to produce standards for unrepeatability.’
- ‘If this is not the issue, all our discussion about the unrepeatability of the twenties or thirties is nothing but historicism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.