Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of a film or recording) not released.
- ‘If the member wants documents to be released that are unreleased, can he please put the question to me.’
- ‘It's one of the best things we've ever done, released or unreleased.’
- ‘But Paoletta has heard Ford's unreleased material and says some of it is top-notch.’
- ‘It contains mostly old, unreleased recordings and at least one made by telephone in calls from prison.’
- ‘His first main role was in an unreleased film, Little Tiger of Canton.’
- ‘It is no surprise that one film was nominated for a number of Oscars, and the other is still unreleased in USA.’
- ‘The film is still unreleased in America, and if it does get a release, I don't know if they will change the title.’
- ‘These are wonderful tracks, and most of them are either unreleased or released only on limited editions in Jamaica.’
- ‘This is actually her first film, which was unreleased until now.’
- ‘Anyone lucky enough to see this film - unreleased on VHS or DVD in the States - may do the same.’
- ‘Perhaps it will finally make a Pogues album in the box set of rarities, demos and unreleased material projected for release later this year.’
- ‘Festivalgoers will be able to watch a number of unreleased films at the 48th Cork Film Festival this week.’
- ‘When an artist dies, it's their archives that are normally raided for unreleased material.’
- ‘The supplier passes the unreleased film to a contact in a release group or puts it on a drop site, a hidden server on the Internet.’
- ‘Ayers went on to give BBE access to literally hundreds of unreleased recordings, and this record is the first in a slew of albums to come.’
- ‘His label Death Row is said to have several unreleased recordings in the vaults for potential future releases.’
- ‘The other two tracks are previously unreleased recordings from the I Am a Bird Now sessions.’
- ‘Naturally, the project was shelved and the film remains unreleased to this date.’
- ‘Disc two is a compilation of unreleased studio tracks, live cuts and demos.’
- ‘Several group members also donated unreleased songs or live performances to a USA For Africa benefit album.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.