Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of a film or recording) not released.
- ‘The film is still unreleased in America, and if it does get a release, I don't know if they will change the title.’
- ‘Perhaps it will finally make a Pogues album in the box set of rarities, demos and unreleased material projected for release later this year.’
- ‘These are wonderful tracks, and most of them are either unreleased or released only on limited editions in Jamaica.’
- ‘The other two tracks are previously unreleased recordings from the I Am a Bird Now sessions.’
- ‘Ayers went on to give BBE access to literally hundreds of unreleased recordings, and this record is the first in a slew of albums to come.’
- ‘His label Death Row is said to have several unreleased recordings in the vaults for potential future releases.’
- ‘But Paoletta has heard Ford's unreleased material and says some of it is top-notch.’
- ‘Naturally, the project was shelved and the film remains unreleased to this date.’
- ‘Anyone lucky enough to see this film - unreleased on VHS or DVD in the States - may do the same.’
- ‘The supplier passes the unreleased film to a contact in a release group or puts it on a drop site, a hidden server on the Internet.’
- ‘When an artist dies, it's their archives that are normally raided for unreleased material.’
- ‘It's one of the best things we've ever done, released or unreleased.’
- ‘Disc two is a compilation of unreleased studio tracks, live cuts and demos.’
- ‘Several group members also donated unreleased songs or live performances to a USA For Africa benefit album.’
- ‘Festivalgoers will be able to watch a number of unreleased films at the 48th Cork Film Festival this week.’
- ‘If the member wants documents to be released that are unreleased, can he please put the question to me.’
- ‘It contains mostly old, unreleased recordings and at least one made by telephone in calls from prison.’
- ‘His first main role was in an unreleased film, Little Tiger of Canton.’
- ‘It is no surprise that one film was nominated for a number of Oscars, and the other is still unreleased in USA.’
- ‘This is actually her first film, which was unreleased until now.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.