One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
awkward, uneasy, uncomfortable, self-conscious, out of place, unnatural, inhibited, gauche, strainedView synonyms
- ‘Alex, who rides at home, expressed his concern that I looked somewhat unrelaxed but we did not go faster than a walk and I found riding a particularly enjoyable way of absorbing the landscape.’
- ‘I stared at the ceiling, feeling completely unrelaxed.’
- ‘The ones that worried me most were the negative things that said, ‘He's kind of pompous, he's very stiff and very unrelaxed and un-Australian.’’
- ‘‘Galleries are often hushed spaces where people feel slightly unrelaxed,’ she says.’
- ‘In this state they are frenetic, unrelaxed and prone to bad judgment, caught up in the hysteria of the moment.’
- ‘That's how we walked, completely unrelaxed, a zombie-like walk.’
- ‘But now I know that after a few days of ‘treatments’ I get itchy, blotchy, irritable and acutely unrelaxed.’
- ‘The report added for good measure that Australian officials regarded him as unrelaxed, overfocused on China and difficult.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.