One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not controlled or supervised by regulations or laws.
- ‘A black market is also called an underground economy or unregulated economy.’
- ‘Critics say the marketing push will put a dangerous and largely unregulated weapon on the streets.’
- ‘In the meantime, the unregulated broker holds all the cards.’
- ‘Thanks to unregulated advertising on private TV channels, children seem to be in a perennial state of want.’
- ‘There is a common myth that America, land of the free market cowboys, is the unregulated Wild West of commerce.’
- ‘The voting machine industry is unregulated and has not chosen to regulate itself.’
- ‘The sector has been virtually unregulated since sapphire was discovered about five years ago.’
- ‘So, you have an unregulated resource that is capable of overuse that solves the problem by charging users for its use.’
- ‘The informal economy is all the unregulated work that exists on the edges of the mainstream economy.’
- ‘Only in an unregulated religious economy are the churches fully market-dependent.’
- ‘Those regulated and unregulated hucksters who use these devices are, simply put, ripping off the public.’
- ‘They also underestimated the cost of the resulting transition from regulated to unregulated prices.’
- ‘Hence, money can move anywhere and is totally unregulated, but our bodies are increasingly regulated and controlled.’
- ‘After all, the sky is not a limit for an unregulated economy with no taxes.’
- ‘For that reason I do not consciously differentiate between regulated and unregulated businesses.’
- ‘It is hoped the latest swoop in a nationwide clampdown on unregulated puppy farms will spur the public not to buy dogs from such dealers.’
- ‘This is completely unregulated and there is evidence that children and vulnerable people are losing money that they can ill afford to lose.’
- ‘The media, which calls other powers to account, is itself a vast, largely unregulated, wholly unaccountable power.’
- ‘Such unregulated production spawns the growth of child labor and of a disregard for working conditions in general.’
- ‘According to Rangel, the problem is that the polling industry in Venezuela is completely unregulated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.