One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being imaginary, illusory, or unrealistic.‘the whole affair had an air of unreality’‘the unreality of opera’count noun ‘the manufactured unrealities of television’
- ‘The theme of unreality runs throughout his work.’
- ‘This displacement of reality through insistence on the unreality of the war becomes necessary to survive.’
- ‘Enjoying stardom while shrewdly aware of its unreality, she was accessible, loyal, generous, with a pungent sense of humour.’
- ‘In the immediate aftermath of a terrifying event, many people report a sense of unreality.’
- ‘When he isn't working, he stays away from Hollywood and its glittering unrealities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.