One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that does not show a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.as submodifier ‘unrealistically optimistic plans’sentence adverb ‘what she wanted, perhaps unrealistically, was for him to come home’
- ‘Forecasts of its demise are based on unrealistically low economic growth estimates.’
- ‘In a panel depicting Saint John in the Desert, logical proportion and perspective are disregarded, and colour is limited, unrealistically, to red and green.’
- ‘The project was probably doomed on the drawing board by an unrealistically ambitious plan.’
- ‘Rhetorical arguments, often unrealistically extreme, hold sway.’
- ‘Making a game unrealistically difficult will only frustrate a player.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.