One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The state of national unreadiness for the long-predicted onset of hurricane-season activity has been bluntly reported as the outcome of the exercise put on at the office of the National Emergency Management Authority (Nema).’
- ‘If critics are right and the plan was to use £500,000 of Scottish taxpayers' funds secure in the knowledge that Ireland's unreadiness would scupper our chances, it worked perfectly.’
- ‘However, the UK's unreadiness for Mexican sounds was summed up by their appearance in a near-empty tent at the 2000 Reading festival.’
- ‘They had so little chance of success I didn't need to worry about their unreadiness for political life.’
- ‘We maintained our position for some time for fear of people's unreadiness for the direct presidential election.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.