One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having little tendency to react chemically.
- ‘Cooling molten silica below the melting point results in fused silica, a rigid, transparent substance, chemically unreactive to the vast majority of substances.’
- ‘John Hartwig and his team at Yale University meanwhile have found a simple way to add a functional group using borane reagents and a rhodium complex catalyst to the commonly unreactive alkanes at a fairly mild 150 Celsius.’
- ‘Some unreactive metals react only very slowly, such as copper and lead.’
- ‘The most dense gas known, radon is colorless and chemically unreactive.’
- ‘Nonmetals with eight valence electrons are chemically unreactive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.