One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One hallway gets smaller as you go, until finally you stand trapped and hunched; a Garden of Exile contains olive trees hidden in huge concrete planters with only the treetops visible, unreachably far overhead.’
- ‘Their faith drove them to see the divine in a photograph of the unreachably remote.’
- ‘It is precisely because an important difference exists between a normal brain and the brain of someone who is seriously demented or unreachably deluded that such people are not considered responsible for crimes they might commit.’
- ‘A table of four middle-aged Neapolitan men, puffing on big cigars with all the assurance of the beginner, while eyeing up the three unreachably teenage, unreachably American girls on the table next door.’
- ‘At night, down on the water, they seem just beyond grasp, unreachably distant, like the past itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.