One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Peiji, who made his way to Taiwan with the retreating KMT, lives very unquietly in neon-struck Taipei.’
- ‘Likewise she confessed that because she lived somewhat unquietly with her husband she caused Satan to kill him, and he did so about nine years past, since which time she hath lived a widow.’
- ‘The general effect was of something you might see occurring unquietly in the branches of a tree.’
- ‘It's fairly fashionable to portray vampires these days as members of a vanishing race, going unquietly into oblivion, but, sheesh.’
- ‘At 53, Mai is lying on a bed in Dublin's Jersey Street Hospital, unquietly expiring from liver cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.