One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some Singaporeans, emboldened by the drive for feedback, seem to be taking the government at its word with a temerity that would have been unthinkable - and unpublishable - in the past.’
- ‘It is widely agreed in publishing circles (on the basis of countless years of experience) that many of these manuscripts will be unreadable, unpublishable junk.’
- ‘He wrote his first book when he was 37 or 38, but he'd spent 16 years struggling to write a book that was unpublishable, and only in the last ten years of his life was devoted to writing.’
- ‘The shadow of violence in her work, her refusal to sweeten any pills, her relish in bad behaviour masquerading as stern moralising - her modern equivalent would be unpublishable today.’
- ‘Unprincipled, unpublishable in any legitimate commercial context, they drove prices down by their readiness to appear anywhere, do anything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.