One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not defiled or violated; pure.
untouched, undamaged, unhurt, unharmed, unscathedView synonyms
- ‘Several suggestions were made as to the best way by which Her Majesty could be placed in the carriage unprofaned by a single male eye.’
- ‘Within a mile, the open country might be reached, and the senses refreshed and re-invigorated among streams still unpolluted, and woods and meadows as yet unprofaned by buildings.’
- ‘The senses of children are unprofaned.’
- ‘Within two or three hours' sail of Glasgow one could find an almost pristine solitude of purple heather and solemn crags all unprofaned by watering-place gaiety or luxury.’
- ‘I discovered that my house actually had its site in such a withdrawn, but forever new and unprofaned, part of the universe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.