Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not in accordance with normal physiological conditions.
- ‘Simulations of MscL under surface tension have also utilized unphysiological tension values of 60 dyn/cm in vacuum and 50-500 dyn/cm in a hydrated membrane environment.’
- ‘These guidelines do not recommend oestrogen priming because it is really an unphysiological manoeuvre in the prepubertal child.’
- ‘The most parsimonious explanation for this unphysiological result is a calibration error and wandering baseline.’
- ‘Whereas this specific reaction is unphysiological, similar contexts may occur when an intermediate in an activation cascade is diffusible.’
- ‘These methods, however, lack resolution and demand unphysiological study conditions.’
- ‘However, in all these analyses high, unphysiological concentrations of ABA up to 100 M had been applied.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.