One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not marked with a pattern; plain.‘the carpet is a pale sage green, unpatterned’
- ‘Females with unpatterned dark bills were considered American Black Ducks.’
- ‘It's the play of tone and unpatterned rhymes.’
- ‘Place the strip atop the open, unpatterned area of your box top.’
- ‘The weft crosses the warp alternately indeed, as in plain unpatterned weaving.’
- ‘At the auction the unassuming but undisputed star was a small, monochrome, unpatterned bowl probably intended for washing brushes after writing.’
- ‘Bedding in neutral spaces - notably hospitals - tends to be unpatterned.’
- ‘A sheer, unpatterned swag provides relief from the highly decorative coverlet, wallpaper, wreath, and pillows.’
- ‘The details of the setting are sparse and modern: pleated unpatterned curtains and a framed painting, too dark to read.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.