One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Novak may have acted unpatriotically but not inconsistently.’
- ‘Republicans accused the Gore campaign of behaving unpatriotically by challenging overseas ballots, many of which came from members of the armed services.’
- ‘At least Chan doesn't come off quite as bad as Russian nationalist Vladimir Zhirinovsky, who recently drafted a bill that would write into law severe penalties for Russian girls or women who ‘unpatriotically’ choose to marry a foreigner.’
- ‘In connection with the discussion on the relocation of jobs, several SPD politicians have accused Siemens of behaving ‘unpatriotically,’ even ‘as though they had no fatherland.’’
- ‘Most unpatriotically, Mansergh refused, citing his credibility with Fianna Fail as the reason.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.