One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Don Corleone is a technicolour character who lives life with a blend of unobtrusiveness and swagger.’
- ‘Maybe unobtrusiveness was what Gray was going for, but it is possible to be understated without being monotonous.’
- ‘But keepers of the Coldplay and Travis flames will warm to its inoffensiveness, its unobtrusiveness and its lack of challenge.’
- ‘Owen also provides plenty of poignancy, and does so with admirable unobtrusiveness.’
- ‘William Ivey Long's dress for Miss Gien is a simple, beige, loose-fitting second skin; Larry Moss has directed with similar unobtrusiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.