One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is not conspicuous or attracting attention.‘he slipped unobtrusively out of the apartment’‘he practiced his faith quietly and unobtrusively’
- ‘At the hospitals, he would unobtrusively photograph patients waiting there with their relatives.’
- ‘The challenge is to insert a home unobtrusively into a bluff overlooking the ocean.’
- ‘Magically, unobtrusively, without artifice, they quilt the language into the immediate present.’
- ‘The haunting, original music washes unobtrusively over the scenes, giving them a sense of connection.’
- ‘It's especially well suited to bedrooms, where the clean white colour blends unobtrusively with the walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.