One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is not conspicuous or attracting attention.‘he slipped unobtrusively out of the apartment’‘he practiced his faith quietly and unobtrusively’
- ‘At the hospitals, he would unobtrusively photograph patients waiting there with their relatives.’
- ‘Magically, unobtrusively, without artifice, they quilt the language into the immediate present.’
- ‘It's especially well suited to bedrooms, where the clean white colour blends unobtrusively with the walls.’
- ‘The challenge is to insert a home unobtrusively into a bluff overlooking the ocean.’
- ‘The haunting, original music washes unobtrusively over the scenes, giving them a sense of connection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.