One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not helpful or cooperative.
- ‘Not only that: he is an unobliging historian, being thin on context and causes.’
- ‘Amar and his friends tried their best to turn the area into a dance floor, inviting an unobliging audience with some neat hip-hop moves.’
- ‘In his mind Harry began going over the internal mechanisms of this particular old heap of unobliging metal.’
- ‘I'm terribly sorry your father and I have been so unobliging, Eleanor, in not perishing in a more timely manner.’
- ‘The Epidamnians in 435 asked Delphi whether they should transfer their allegiance from their unobliging mother-city Corcyra to Corcyra's own mother-city Corinth.’
- ‘Your unconscious will see to it that you forget the book, but you don't wish to appear unobliging and will therefore do everything not to forget it.’
- ‘One thing is certain, the Fed is now playing a very weak hand, and markets have an unobliging way of exposing and punishing weak hands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.