One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not helpful or cooperative.
- ‘One thing is certain, the Fed is now playing a very weak hand, and markets have an unobliging way of exposing and punishing weak hands.’
- ‘In his mind Harry began going over the internal mechanisms of this particular old heap of unobliging metal.’
- ‘I'm terribly sorry your father and I have been so unobliging, Eleanor, in not perishing in a more timely manner.’
- ‘Not only that: he is an unobliging historian, being thin on context and causes.’
- ‘Amar and his friends tried their best to turn the area into a dance floor, inviting an unobliging audience with some neat hip-hop moves.’
- ‘Your unconscious will see to it that you forget the book, but you don't wish to appear unobliging and will therefore do everything not to forget it.’
- ‘The Epidamnians in 435 asked Delphi whether they should transfer their allegiance from their unobliging mother-city Corcyra to Corcyra's own mother-city Corinth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.