One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not noticed or remarked upon.‘protests went unnoted by the media’‘the music of hitherto unnoted places’
- ‘It is worth interrupting the chronicle to draw attention to a hitherto unnoted irony in a political career in which ironies instructively abound.’
- ‘Almost unnoted, however, was the opposition of one Democratic senator, West Virginia's Robert Byrd, and eight Democratic Congressmen.’
- ‘One celebration that should not pass unnoted occurred at the 92nd Street Y over a recent weekend.’
- ‘Unnoted by the anti-union forces, however, was the fact that the industrial labor movement itself had become bitterly divided by the summer of 1942.’
- ‘How could your reviewer let the writer's stilted portrayal go unnoted?’
- ‘The video stayed up for a month and went relatively unnoted, with only about 3,000 views.’
- ‘Isn't this, too, a massive intelligence failure, even if massively unnoted by the media?’
- ‘This amendment almost went unnoted.’
- ‘Left unnoted are the political pressures on the administration to do the right thing, which are also substantial.’
- ‘Largely unnoted amid the sound and fury are several peace overtures in the White Paper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.