One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm just forced to endure rage, endure my pointless existence, the whole idea of unnecessariness.’
- ‘The trick in translating this book into an opera (as opposed to a stage work or a film) is the essential unnecessariness of opera.’
- ‘Having made a New Year's Eve resolution to smoke more ’, I thought I'd clear the lungs with a howling wail at the unnecessariness of the Ashley and Louise car crash in EMMERDALE.’
- ‘Finally, it may be precisely writing's uselessness that makes it attractive to the opposite sex; it could be that, like the male peacock's exuberant tail, literature's very unnecessariness speaks to the underlying good health of its practitioner.’
- ‘Influenced by Diogenes of Sinope, Zeno preached a rational attitude toward sexuality, advocating equality of the sexes, the unnecessariness of clothing, and what today would be called free love.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.